An exciting opportunity is available within the Faculty of Education to work as the Mastercard Foundation Program Learning Manager, leading the programme monitoring, evaluation and learning of the Mastercard Foundation Program at Cambridge.
The Mastercard Foundation Program at Cambridge includes the Higher Education Climate Resilience and Sustainability Collaborative, which will see the University of Cambridge partner with three African universities as founding partners to drive deep and sustained impact that will strengthen African countries’ ability to leapfrog and transition to a green economy, creating new jobs for young people and saving lives and livelihoods, enhance the continent’s preparedness for, and response to, climate change to mitigate work and livelihood loss, and create a critical mass of global thought leaders, researchers, and scientists in climate resilience and sustainability in Africa.
Alongside this, the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Cambridge is designed to provide talented students in Africa with fully-funded opportunities to complete their Master’s training, grow in transformative leadership, and contribute to climate resilience and sustainability in Africa. Further information about the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program may be found here.
About the Role The postholder of the Mastercard Foundation Program Learning Manager Role will be responsible for leading the programme monitoring, evaluation and learning of the Mastercard Foundation Program at Cambridge (both the Climate Resilience and Sustainability Collaborative and the Scholars Program) and supporting other related activities.
The postholder will be a researcher with experience in programme evaluation and monitoring, preferably working in or with country contexts relevant to the Mastercard Foundation Program at Cambridge, notably in Africa.
If appointed, you will:
- Design, plan, co-ordinate, and implement the monitoring, evaluation and learning work, determining appropriate research and evaluation methodologies and ensuring their successful application.
- As necessary, collaborate with wider Mastercard Foundation Program team in Cambridge to adapt, improve, or change the monitoring, evaluation and learning work throughout the life of the Program.
- Contribute learning from the work into relevant Program development, and reporting to the Mastercard Foundation and communicate learning to a range of other audiences, contributing to stakeholder engagement activities, both within the University and externally.
- Manage the use of human and financial resources related to the monitoring and evaluation work, undertaking activities to support learning from the Program. A full set of responsibilities are outlined in the Further Particular for the post.
What you will need:
- A PhD (or close to the completion) in Education, Economics, Sociology, or other relevant discipline; or equivalent experience.
- At least three years’ postdoctoral research experience, or equivalent experience
- Evidence of substantial programme evaluation expertise
Appointment as Senior Research Associate is dependent on having a PhD, including those who have submitted but not yet received their PhD (in which case appointment will initially be made at Research Assistant and amended to Research Associate when the PhD is awarded).
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society. The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available until 31 August 2030 in the first instance.
Click the ‘Apply’ button on the faculty’s website to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Please ensure that you upload a covering letter and CV in the Upload section of the online application. The covering letter should outline how you match the criteria for the post and why you are applying for this role. If you upload any additional documents which have not been requested, we will not be able to consider these as part of your application.
Please quote reference JR37408 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.