On the occasion of the 41st session of the UNESCO General Conference that took place on 9-24 November 2021, the International Standard Classification of Teacher Training Programmes (ISCED-T) was adopted. NORRAG, as a member of the Technical Advisory Panel, participated in the effort to discuss and review ISCED-T. This work is a first step towards facilitating discussions on teacher training and qualifications at the cross-national level and the continuing development and implementation of ISCED-T should support both the recognition of specificities and diversities in teacher training and qualification and the need for international monitoring and global discussions on teachers.
The group consisted of experts in teacher training and qualifications, teacher statistics, and international classifications from 12 organizations and from all UNESCO regions. It includes the following organizations:
- Africa Federation of Teaching Regulatory Authorities (AFTRA),
- Arab Bureau of Education for the Gulf States (ABEGS),
- Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization (ALECSO),
- Centro de Investigación Avanzada en Educación (Center for Advanced Research in Education) (CIAE) – Universidad de Chile,
- Education International,
- Network for International Policies and Cooperation in Education and Training (NORRAG),
- International Task Force on Teachers for Education 2030,
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD),
- Pacific Community, Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO),
- United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD)
- Unesco Institute for Statistics (UIS)
In addition, UNSD acts as the secretariat for the United Nations Committee of Experts on International Statistical Classifications (UNCEISC), and the UNESCO Institute for Statistics which acts as the Secretariat of the TAP.
The UNESCO draft resolution and ISCED-T document are available here.
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)