7 July 2021: NORRAG Executive Director to Speak at Oxford University's Global Public Seminar
NORRAG Executive Director, Moira V. Faul, will be presenting: Governing Education by Partnership: the GPE in the Context of Other Sectors’ Global Financing Partnerships on 7 July 2021. This online event is part of the University of Oxford’s Global Public Seminar series on Comparative and International Education, jointly organised by the Department of Education and St Edmund Hall and chaired by Maia Chankseliani.
Global Public Seminars in Comparative and International Education address themes of major interest to academics, practitioners, and policy-makers working in the field of education globally. These seminars aim to illuminate the role of education in societal development, with a focus on understanding changes in education policy, discourse, and practice, and how these changes influence individual opportunities and shape the development of educational institutions around the world. Seminars will zoom into the local and zoom out into the national and supranational spaces, flows, and influences on education.
From May to July 2021, audiences will be able to access seminars on the topics below:
Wed 5 May, 2021 from 3pm – 4pm
Breaking Gender, Sex and Sexuality borders: The Case of Comprehensive Sexuality Education in South Africa
- Thabo Msibi, Dean and Head of School, School of Education (University of KwaZulu-Natal), South Africa
Wed 19 May, 2021 from 3pm – 4pm
Global Middle Class Families – Comparative Study of Travel Trajectories and Imagined Futures
- Miri Yemini, Senior Lecturer, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Wed 2 June, 2021 from 3pm – 4pm
‘Equal’ Transnational Partnerships in Higher Education: Sino-Foreign Case Studies
- Miguel Antonio Lim, Senior Lecturer in Education, University of Manchester, UK
Wed 16 June, 2021 from 3pm – 4pm
Why did Policymakers in India and Mexico Adopt the Germanic Model of Dual Apprenticeships?
- Oscar Valiente, Senior Lecturer, University of Glasgow, UK
Wed 7 July from 3pm – 4pm
Governing Education by Partnership: the GPE in the Context of Other Sectors’ Global Financing Partnerships
- Moira Faul, Executive Director, NORRAG, Graduate Institute for International and Development Studies, Geneva , Switzerland
Wed 28 July from 3pm – 4pm
A Comparison of the Transition of Returning Scholars to Domestic Research Environments in Kazakhstan, Malaysia and Cambodia
- Aliya Kuzhabekova, Associate Professor, Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan