Global Education Summit: Financing GPE 2021-2025
The Global Partnership for Education (GPE) Global Education Summit will take place on July 28 and 29, 2021. A centrepiece of the summit will be the opportunity for leaders to make 5-year pledges to support GPE’s work to help transform education systems in up to 90 countries and territories. UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta will co-host the summit in a hybrid format with participants attending live sessions on GPE’s virtual platform and a small in-person event in London, if travel restrictions allow.
Watch the launch of the financing campaign below:
#RaiseYourHand #FundEducation #GES2021
CLICK HERE to register for the summit. An overview is below, and additional details on the official program, speakers, and event logistics will be available soon.
DAY 1 Thematic Sessions (Wed 28 July)
- Education’s Reset – Learning from Covid
- Financing for impact – Alignment, Harmonization and Innovation for Impact
- Gender Equality – Raise your Hand for a more equal future
- Ripple Effect – Education and SDGs
DAY 2 Keynote & VIPs (Thurs 29 July)
- An inauguration by leading heads of state
- Conversations between youth champions
- Speeches by donor government leaders
- A Fireside Chat with Developing Countries Head of State
- A Better Future for Girls – in conversation with civil society
- A Spotlight on the Middle East
- CEO Perspectives from the private sector
- Financing for Impact and Recovery
- A final closing bell: how can we change the course of history?
Side events relating to the Global Education Summit begin on 19 July surrounding the topics of: gender equality, learning, domestic financing, access, inclusion, COVID-19, early learning, quality teaching, and climate change. The following meetings have already been announced (please contact us here to have your event(s) listed).
- Why is Tax key for Financing Education and What Can GPE Do? – 27 July (15:00 PM BST)
Education Cannot Wait
- Meeting the Education Needs of Displaced Children and Young People – 27 July 2021 (14:00 PM -15:30 PM BST)
- Gender-Responsive and Disability-Inclusive Education for All – 21 July (9:00 AM – 10:30 AM ET)
- A Roadmap to Inclusive Early Childhood Care and Education – 22 July (9:00 AM – 10:30 ET)
- Universal Design for Learning (26 July (9:00 AM EDT)
- From Commitments to Action: Financing for Inclusive Education 27 July (11:00 AM ET)
Oxfam, Action Aid, the Global Initiative for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (GI-ESCR) and The East Africa Center for Human Rights (EACHRights)
- Is privatization of education really a solution? – 27 July (14:00pm BST)
International Development Research Centre (IDRC) will host three side events on 26 and 27 July, 2021.
- Strengthening Data Systems and Utilization in the Education Sector 27 July (16:00 PM – 17:30 PM BST)
- Educational Research in Times of COVID-19 27 July (14:00 PM – 15:30 PM BST)
- Regional Hubs, Building Ownership and Knowledge Exchange 26 July 2021 (14:00 PM – 15:30 PM BST)