Join the Comparative Education and International Development (CEID) Research Group at the University of Edinburgh virtually on Thursday, November 18th from 12:00-13:30 GMT for the release of the 2nd Edition of Education and International Development: An Introduction, a key text in the field of education. During the launch, you will hear from the editors and select chapter authors will highlight parts of their research.
Preliminary Agenda (subject to change):
- Editor Introduction (Tristan McCowan, UCL)
- Chapter 10: Quality Education and Global Learning Metrics (William C. Smith, University of Edinburgh)
- Chapter 8: Addressing Intersecting Inequalities in Education (Elaine Unterhalter, UCL)
- Chapter 11: De Facto and By-design Privatization of Education in Developing Countries (Joanna Härmä, University of Edinburgh)
- Chapter 18: Education, Environmental Crises and Sustainability (Meera Tiwari, University of East London)
- Discussant (Anita Rampal, Formerly Delhi University)