Job Board: Teachers College, Columbia University, Recruiting Full-time Lecturer
The Program in International and Comparative Education (ICEd) at Teachers College, Columbia University, is recruiting a full-time lecturer with a special focus on Languages, Communities and Schools based in New York, USA. This is a nine-month position, renewable to up to three years. The lecturer will teach five courses, provide academic advisement to M.A. students in the ICEd program, carry out program-related work, and be expected to contribute to the overall operations of the program. Learn more
● Earned doctorate in international and comparative education, applied linguistics, and/or a related social science discipline (e.g., anthropology, political science, or sociology),
● Demonstrated strength in innovative research methods, including qualitative, ethnographic, or mixed research methods (including archival research, participatory action research, or surveys),
● Evidence of successful university teaching,
● Ability to teach core courses in international and comparative education (i.e., ITSF 4580/1 Comparative and International Development Studies and research methods) and two courses related to multilingualism and literacies in schools or outside of them.
● Professional experience in project work in the global South
● Candidates with bilingual/multilingual background and/or from the global South are strongly encouraged to apply.