In an effort to the develop the diversity of its authorship, and support underrepresented groups, in light of the significant inequalities of global academic publishing, Compare the UK’s leading journal of international and comparative education has established since 2017 an annual Compare Fellowship, to support early career academics from the Global South in disseminating their research and scholarship to a global audience.
The fellowship will run from 1 September 2018 – 31 August 2019 and provide full financial support (including travel, accommodation and subsistence) for the following activities:
- Attending the BAICE conference in York, UK, from 12-14 September 2018 (candidates are strongly encouraged to submit a presentation)
- Attending the Compare writers’ workshop at the conference (a full-day course for early career researchers)
- 2-4 week stay at an institution in the UK following the conference (to carry out library research, attend academic events, and develop publication ideas with the guidance of a mentor)
On returning to their country of origin, the Compare Fellow will be expected to continue with the following activities:
- Participating in the e-mentoring following on from the writers’ workshop
- Developing an article for Compare
- Facilitating the organization of activities to support academic writing for other academics in their institution/country
- Participating in Compare as a reviewer
More information on how to apply for this fellowship is available on the British Association for International & Comparative Education. Deadline for application is 1 March 2018.