Chief technical advisor for the skills & employment development project at Helvetas
Helvetas is looking for a result-oriented and innovative Chief technical advisor for the skills & employment development project which aims to increase the opportunities for young people with disadvantaged backgrounds in rural Laos to gain a decent income through wage employment or self-employed activities. To this extent, the project supports the development of relevant, good quality and accessible VET with strong linkages with the labour market. The Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) will have the overall responsibility for the implementation of the project and for ensuring high quality and timely completion of project activities.
The recruitment is subject to the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) approval of the Helvetas bid.
The post (full time) will be based in Vientiane, Laos, with regular travel to the provinces.
- Overall project management, including all aspects of PCM, administration, finances, human resource management
- Collaborating closely with project partners, especially government institutions, private sector actors, relevant CSOs and (I)NGOs involved in or related to skills and employment initiatives in Laos and the region
- Guidance, supervision and coaching of all project-employed staff, national and expatriate
- Identifying and contracting necessary short-term advisory services for the project through international and local consultants
- Establishing connections and engaging in strategic network(s) supportive towards the aims of the project
- Analysing the project progress and the implementing context in Laos, and adapting and advancing effective concepts in the frame of the project and beyond
- Maintaining good working relations with the donor by fulfilling the contractual obligations and by supporting open and informative dialogues on project related topics
- Master’s Degree in education, rural development, economics or in a relevant field of development work
- Strong leadership competencies with profound experience in management/coordination of multi-actor projects
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience as senior manager in VET or related field in international development cooperation, preferably some experience in Laos or ASEAN region
- Sound and up-to-date knowledge of approaches and systems in Vocational Education and Training and in collaboration with private sector partners
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation 2
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to work independently and with teams, excellent facilitation skills, sensitivity for gender &social equity and the local culture
- Ability to coach and build capacity of local project staff
- Excellent spoken and written English, basic Lao or Thai language skills are a distinguished asset
An international contract of 2 years (extension possible), attractive working conditions in small and dynamic teams. We look forward to receiving your complete application in English including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by February 28, 2019. Please send your electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information please visit our website www.helvetas.org or contact Celestine Kroesschell, Country Director Laos: email@example.com / Tel: (856-21)263 189, 485 016/17.
Helvetas is a development organisation anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.