On 30 June 2022 from 3:00pm-5:00pm, the Swiss Network for Education and International Cooperation (RECI) will host the interactive webinar “Psychosocial support to children and adolescence in education projects: Good practices and challenges.” The webinar will be in English and Spanish with simultaneous translation. Deadline to register is 24 June 2022.
About the event
Children who find themselves in ongoing crisis situations are limited in their ability to learn and freely develop their skills. Most of them lack the necessary resources to improve their situation on their own. By receiving psychosocial support (PSS) – a component of all education projects of Vivamos Mejor – children and adolescents strengthen their self-confidence and acquire important crisis-coping mechanisms. As they become more resilient individuals, they manage to lower their stress levels, handle difficult situations with more strength, and achieve better results in school and vocational training.
After a short input by Vivamos Mejors’ partner organisation Apoyar on their experience with PSS in education projects in Colombia, participants will be guided, with the help of educational and participatory methods, to discuss this topic, taking into account their own experiences and projects.
We are looking forward to discussing some of the following questions:
- What PSS approaches are used in the different organisations?
- Are there any good examples to share? What are the challenges when applying a PSS approach in education projects?
- How can we reach out to the parents and caregivers?
- And what happens when the project ends and with it the psychosocial support to its beneficiaries?
- How can we assure a lasting impact?