The Geneva Global Hub for Education in Emergencies is a pledge issued at the 2019 Global Refugee Forum by ten key institutions to join forces and collectively make a difference for the education of crisis-affected and displaced children and youth. The Hub will be launched on the occasion of the 2021 International Day of Education. A high-level panel will exchange with participants on how the Geneva Global Hub can be a catalyst for change to respond to children’s education needs in contexts affected by conflict, violence, disasters and displacement.
NORRAG is supporting the launch as a partner to several organizations working to establish a hub which can engage governments, humanitarian, development, and academic actors to come together for transformative joint action.
Join us for the launch event: Launch of the Geneva Global Hub for Education in Emergencies – A Catalyst for Change.
The Webinar language will be in English, interpretation will be provided in Arabic, French, Portuguese, Spanish, as well as sign language.
Date & time: 25 January 2021 – 13:00-14:30 CET
This event will be livestreamed on the EiE Geneva Hub Facebook page.
After registration, please make sure to check your spam folder if you have not received the confirmation email. In addition, we recommend users from public institutions to use a personal email address to register as Zoom may be blocked by your place of work.
Opening remarks by Ambassador Jürg Lauber, Permanent Representative of Switzerland to the United Nations and the other international organisations in Geneva
Video – Voices from the field
Panel discussion moderated by Yasmine Sherif, Director, Education Cannot Wait:
• Hina Shikhani, Afghan refugee born in Pakistan
Closing remarks by Meritxell Relaño, Deputy Director, Office of Emergency Programmes, UNICEF
- Education Cannot Wait: @EduCannotWait
- The Graduate Institue: @IHEID
- Global Education Cluster: @GlobalEdCluster
- UNHCR: @UNHCR_Education
- International Committee of the Red Cross: @ICRC
- The Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies: @INEEtweets
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization: @UNESCO
- Université de Geneve: @UNIGEnews
- UNICEF: @UNICEFEducation
- Switzerland: Federal Department of Foreign Affairs FDFA @EDA_DFAE; @SwissDevCoop; @SwissHumAidUnit; @SwissMFA; @swiss_un
- EiE Hub coordinator: @PetraHeusser
Official event hashtag:
Other hashtags to use in connection with the launch: #StrongerTogether, #UnlockChangeforEiE, #SDG4, #EducationDay
Picture credits: UNICEF/Iraq2015/Anmar