Date: 23 June 2022 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am EDT / 15:00 – 17:00 CEST/Geneva
To meet the growing challenges of societies undergoing wide-sweeping transformations, education must be seen not merely as the sum of skills acquired, but as a broader societal endeavour towards human well-being that enables people to live meaningful and dignified lives. This webinar is organized by CIPPEC and Western University and can be watched live on YouTube.
The event builds on our ongoing work on education recovery and rebuilding in G20 country contexts. It is relevant to G20 countries in addressing local needs, and to G20 OECD Development Assistance Committee donors and G20 members in their inter- and intra-regional cooperation and support for Sustainable Development Goal 4 on quality education. The event contributes to T20 Indonesia engagement in view of the 2022 T20 and G20 Summits later this year, and is at an opportune time ahead of the global Transforming Education Pre-Summit.
English language stream
AGENDA (see flyer)
9:00 | Opening remarks
- Alejandra Cardini, Task force Co-chair of Task Force 5 – Inequality, Human Capital, and Well-being and Education Program Director, CIPPEC
- Asep Suryahadi, Lead Co-Chair of Task Force 5 – Inequality, Human Capital, and Well- being, Senior Research Fellow, SMERU Research Institute
9:15 | Presentation of Policy Brief and Recommendations: ‘Addressing Education Recovery for Stronger Collective Futures’
- Prachi Srivastava (lead author), Associate Professor (Education & Global Development), University of Western Ontario.
9:25 | Session 1 – Roundtable discussion on pro-equity policies in education
- Kiran Bhatty, Senior Visiting Fellow, Centre for Policy Research
- Dean Brooks, Director, INEE
- Iván Matovich, Associate Researcher, CIPPEC
- Nicolas Reuge, Senior Adviser Education, UNICEF
- Chair and moderator: Prachi Srivastava
10:20 | Session 2 – Roundtable discussion on global education responses: between recovery and stronger collective futures
- Robert Jenkins, Global Director, Education and Adolescent Development, UNICEF
- Priyadarshani Joshi, Senior Research Officer, UNESCO Global Education Monitoring Report$
- Karen Mundy, Director, IIEP-UNESCO
- Tarcila Rivera Zea, President, CHIRAPAQ – Member of The United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues
- Chair and moderator: Alejandra Cardini