Since its launch in 1985, NORRAG has established itself as a broad-based multi-constituency network of researchers, policymakers, NGOs and consultants that aims to intermediate between research and policy, offering and producing neutral knowledge and critical analysis of complex international education issues.
NORRAG’s current programme focuses on the following themes:
- Education and TVSD in the post-2015 and beyond Agenda
- Technical and vocational skills development policies
- Knowledge production, research, data, results and evidence for policy making
- Education and training in contexts of emergency and fragility
- Right-based approaches to education and training
NORRAG increasingly engages in developing joint activities and South-South-North collaboration projects. The network has more than 3,800 members based in some 160 countries (40% in the Global South) who are encouraged to contribute to all activities. Members have access to a networking tool allowing them to find other members by searching for their country of residence, and their countries/fields of expertise.